One of the many struggles every growing company must face is choosing the best system to manage their business operations. At the beginning, purchasing several independent tools may seem cheaper and more effective than acquiring an entire software solution. As a consequence, a company uses various different applications that do not cooperate with each other at all, which makes it impossible for employees to work effectively and for the company itself to prosper.
In order to remain competitive, a company can either buy off-the-shelf software, have a bespoke solution developed to meet their exact needs or have all of their already existing and used systems integrated into one, saving not only money but also time which they could spend on learning how to use a new platform. However, time is not the only advantage of systems integration. If you want to discover how having your systems integrated can change your business, keep on reading.
There is no better way to explain what systems integration is than describing it as putting various independent components together to work as a whole. If your company uses several different subsystems, connecting them into one without losing valuable information may result in helping you to beat your competitors. Not only is it wiser to use one system instead of a few, it also ensures more accurate results. However, systems integration is a complicated process. In every phase of the systems integration process, you can lose vast amounts of priceless data. Hiring a systems integration company is the safest way to achieve your goals.
Choosing several components instead of having an entire system developed may be a good thing to start your business with. However, this solution is no longer profitable for evolving companies. When you discover you need more tools to handle more processes, acquiring new components is indeed cheaper, but it is also very harmful for your organisation. Using multiple applications instead of one results in:
Systems integration is crucial for any company to succeed. It ensures seamless data connectivity and reduces proneness to errors, improving both the internal workflow of your organisation and the prospects of your company on the market. Having all of your systems integrated into one helps your company to achieve:
1. Improved real-time visibility – basing timely informed decisions on outdated information can have terrible consequences. When your reports on performance across sales, finances and service departments are not integrated, it takes hours to acquire this information manually, which still may not be accurate. With time, some companies stop collecting and analysing their data in order to focus on other, less time-consuming tasks, harming their business at the same time. Constant data connectivity ensures all of your employees are well-informed and base their decisions on proper data, which can be accessed from anywhere at any time. Systems integration minimises risks and enables you to make critical decisions based on accurate information and not on your gut instinct.
2. Process efficiency – when it comes to the productivity of your employees, you can benefit from integrating your systems in two ways. Automating various processes such as invoicing, financial consolidation, etc., enables you to:
3. Increased sales – integrated systems have a huge impact on your overall sales, especially for the sales industry. Data connectivity across all of your departments is a great way to boost your results because of two reasons. It is easier to use one system for:
4. Valuable data collection – there is a reason why data is so popular nowadays and it is because it allows you to analyse every decision that your business makes and to detect every mistake. Having data centralised at one location not only gives you more accurate results, it also allows you to save computer storage space. Every change is introduced to the system automatically, which eliminates the probability of incorrect analysis and saves you hours of work.
5. Cost savings – after having your systems integrated, cost reduction can be met at every phase of all of your business processes. However, the greatest increase in your profits is a result of making better, more accurate decisions. Thanks to automating some of your tasks, you and your team can focus on gaining new customers and developing new skills which will allow your business to gro
TO SUM UP
Integrating your systems is a great way for your business to remain competitive. It helps you to meet the needs of your customers and handle business processes better. Also, it allows you to analyse what you might be doing wrong and what is stopping your company from succeeding. Without automation, it is almost impossible to gain accurate data. Having your systems integrated is no longer a problem. Are you ready to have your systems integrated? Contact us now.