ERP software for a production company.
As a leading player in the UK packaging industry, Four04 needed to replace their out-dated spreadsheets and replace them with a system which would strengthen their processes – beginning with procurement, through sales, manufacturing, invoicing and ending up with the distribution.
The result, OpSys2, is a bespoke multi-user enterprise resource planning system which serves to guide the users through the, often complex, transactions between the buyers and suppliers of materials and services, warehouse and delivery staff and customers.
The software allows Four04 to monitor stock levels at all stages of the process and utilise available stock in the most cost-efficient ways possible.
OpSys2 supports the following key features:
- Dashboard – to display monthly statistics of sales and purchase orders, allowing greater control over the business
- Contacts – to store and manage both customer and suppliers’ details with either order or warehouse addresses assigned to their company
- Products – to define detailed specification of all products, either ready-made or custom
- Sales and purchase orders – to create and store orders assigned to specific customers and suppliers
- Delivery notes – to inform suppliers on where to deliver goods, including handling of orders which are split into separate shipments
- Invoices – to manage and verify automatically generated purchase and sales invoices,
- Reports – to generate comprehensive stock level reports as well as general business information
- Administration – to manage system-wide settings such as VAT and currency rates.
- Cost reduction – controlling the stock provides the company with operational flexibility, which in the long term allows them to reduce the costs
- Increased productivity – employees can now regain their productivity by saving hours of work previously spent on entering data into multiple spreadsheets
- Improved customer service – automated order processes enable employees to take better care of each of the customers
- Attachments – storing all the documents online improves security and eliminates paperwork
- Automation – e.g. invoices are automatically generated from the delivery notes, which reduces errors
- Purchase orders wizard – the company can easily modify each of the sales and purchase orders, offering more possibilities to its customers.
The way that Four04 had run their business operations in the past required a high degree of flexibility on the part of the management, which was preventing the company from retaining full control over all processes. Having implemented OpSys2, they now have a much clearer picture of their true stock levels and are able to make more informed decisions. OpSys2 allows them to improve their workflow as packaging manufacturers and brokers and to provide a better service to their customers.