Technology is always accompanied by constant change, especially in the business world. An endless race to a competitive advantage, customers and the market share sometimes slows down but never stops. Recently, when the world faces new inventions, solutions, and technologies every month, the pace of the race is even greater.
Digital Transformation refers to adopting and implementing new digital technologies to all areas and aspects of business, changing how the business operates. This powerful concept is being embraced by more and more companies every day. They use the advantage of the technology and its possibilities to overrun the competition and strengthen their position on the market. According to Constellation Research 2017 Digital Transformation Study, “64% of organizations recognize digital transformation as essential to driving profits”. With so many different types of businesses, the process of digital transformation will be different in each case but the need for digital improvements is clearly present.
The process of digital transformation may be difficult at first sight and is not about giving smartphones to employees but making significant changes in the employees’ competences and the organisation’s culture. Your employees have to be well informed and aware of upcoming changes. You can read more about the way you can prepare your employees for successful software adoption in this article.
There are a number of different trends hiding under the umbrella of digital transformation. Each business should find its own way to implement new solutions and most businesses do not have the need to implement all of them simultaneously. Take time to find out what is the most needed and prepare for adoption. Current trends of digital transformation include:
- Business blockchain – Disturbed digital ledger, constantly transparent and immutable that applies to storing critical data in different, diverse industries. It is an emerging trend and technology that powers today’s cryptocurrency and much more.
- AI – Artificial Intelligence is a technology that allows computers to update their own algorithms to include new data on their own. It has many uses in a variety of different industries such as aviation and education or, for example, virtual chatbots for customer service that are constantly learning.
- IoT – Internet of Things creates a large ecosystem of data generating sensors and devices that allows businesses to generate huge amounts of information that can be used in many different ways to increase performance and efficiency.
- Cloud – Storing data in a cloud allows access to it from everywhere at anytime and gives the possibility to integrate your systems easily which increases efficiency. A number of different types of clouds are being created which allows you to adjust the technology to a business plan or an idea of innovation.
- Business Analytics – Business Intelligence allows you to analyse data under certain criteria and helps to give businesses a competitive advantage. It is able to spot the trends and create detailed reports. With this tool, you can stop trusting your guts and make the best data-driven decisions.
- 5G – Mobile networks are constantly changing and have changed the world offering a constant connection to the rest of the world. The next generation 5G mobile network will be even better providing wireless Gigabit connectivity in the near future.
- DevOps – unified approach to software development and its implementation along with quality and security. DevOps is a modern approach to developing software that requires a big dose of cultural change.
- Augmented reality – Virtual Reality is a hot trend that gives multiple possibilities but at the same time, it is hard to implement it to the business due to its hardware requirements and many limitations. Augmented Reality is different. It has fewer barriers to entry, and still offers endless possibilities, training, selling new products, gaming applications and much more.
- Fog computing – Many businesses nowadays depend on a cloud computing model. Fog computing is an attempt to bring analytic computing to the edge of the network. It allows you to spot data trends sooner and work more efficiently.
To sum up
There are many ways digital transformation is affecting our lives and businesses but one thing is certain: sooner or later, most of us will have to digitalize some part of our companies in order to stay competitive and respond to market needs. Which trends to adopt? Which processes to automate? It depends on us. Know your company well to make the best choices and when you do, Headchannel Ltd. may provide you with the software solutions necessary for your digitalization.