The technology industry is constantly driving change, especially in the business world. It has become an endless race to have a competitive advantage. As the world faces new inventions, solutions, and technologies every month, the intensity of the race has become even greater.
Digital Transformation refers to adopting and implementing new digital technologies to all areas and aspects of a business, changing how the business operates. This powerful concept is being embraced by an increasing number of companies every day. They use the advantages and possibilities technology offers to outrun the competition and strengthen their position in the market. Surveys and studies show that 64% of organisations recognise digital transformation as essential to driving profits.. With each business being unique, the digital transformation process will be different in each case but the need for digital improvements is clearly present.
The digital transformation process may seem like a difficult undertaking at first sight as it is not about giving smartphones to employees, rather about making significant changes in the employees’ competences and the organisation’s culture. Your employees have to be well informed and aware of upcoming changes. You can read more about the way you can prepare your employees for successful software adoption in this article.
There are a number of different trends hiding under the umbrella of digital transformation. Each business should find its own way to implement new solutions, rather than looking to implement all of them simultaneously. Take time to find out what is needed most and prepare for adoption. Current digital transformation trends include:
- Business blockchain – Adisturbed digital ledger, which is constantly transparent and immutable, that applies to storing critical data in different, diverse industries. It is an emerging trend and technology that powers today’s cryptocurrency and much more.
- AI – Artificial Intelligence is a technology that allows computers to update their own algorithms to include new data on their own. It has many uses in a variety of different industries such as aviation and education. An example is the use of virtual chatbots for customer service that are constantly learning.
- IoT – Internet of Things creates a large ecosystem of data generating sensors and devices that allows businesses to generate huge amounts of information that can be used in many different ways to increase performance and efficiency.
- Cloud – Storing data in a cloud enables it to be accessed any time and from anywhere. It also gives you the possibility to integrate your systems easily which increases efficiency. A number of different types of clouds are being created which allow you to adjust the technology to a business plan or an idea of innovation accordingly.
- Business Analytics – Business Intelligence allows you to analyse data under certain criteria and helps to give businesses a competitive advantage. It enables you to spot trends and create detailed reports. With this tool, you can make the best data-driven decisions.
- 5G – Mobile networks are constantly changing and have changed the world by offering a constant connection to the rest of the world. The next generation 5G mobile network will be even better, providing wireless Gigabit connectivity in the near future.
- DevOps – a unified approach to software development and its implementation along with quality and security. DevOps is a modern approach to developing software that requires a big dose of cultural change.
- Augmented reality – Virtual Reality is a hot trend that gives you multiple possibilities, however it is hard to implement it to the business due to its hardware requirements and limitations.
- Fog computing – Many businesses nowadays depend on a cloud computing model. Fog computing is an attempt to bring analytic computing to the edge of the network. It allows you to spot data trends sooner and work more efficiently.
There are many ways digital transformation is affecting our lives and businesses and one thing is certain: sooner or later, most of us will have to digitalize some part of our companies in order to stay competitive and respond to market needs. Which trends should you adopt? Which processes should you automate? Headchannel can provide you with the software solutions necessary for your digitalization.
Follow us on LinkedIn |
Read reviews on Clutch |
Visit our website headchannel.co.uk